RedTech Advisors is an independent research firm specializing in the Chinese Internet and mobile sectors. Since 2009, we have provided market intelligence and research services to institutional investors, ad agencies and multinational companies.
- RedTech Advisors is a provider of primary data and non-traditional company and industry research focused on China’s internet sector.
- Coverage: BABA, BIDU, Tencent, JD, PDD, CTRP, IQ, WB, EDU, TAL, VIPS, Ant Financial, Meituan, Didi, and Toutiao. Combined market value of more than US$1 trillion.
- Methodology: Meetings with RedTech’s industry contacts, regular surveys of industry professionals and consumers, focus groups, and proprietary mobile datasets. The result is evidence-based research focused on company-specific inflection points and key industry drivers.
RedTech product offerings:
- Fundamental research: Surveys, reports and notes. Full access to analysts and occasional access to our exclusive panels of industry professionals.
- Sectors covered: eCommerce, advertising, mobile payments, social media, car hailing, education, travel, gaming and cloud computing.
- Deliverables: About 50 pieces of proprietary research each year, including a mix of short notes on new developments; surveys to check on industry themes and structural changes; and thematic reports that look more deeply into new and promising trends (i.e. online groceries, cloud computing, self-driving cars).
- Industry meetings – Small group meetings and one-on-one’s in China with RedTech contacts.
- Annual subscription
- Data: Mobile app and gaming metrics; deep data mining in FMCG
- China App Tracker: About 15-20 Internet subsectors. Metrics include MAU and DAU going back 2-3 years, depending on company. Excel deliverable.
- Revenue Trackers: Uses MAU, DAU, ASPU and other metrics to estimate eCommerce and gaming revenues. NTES available. Tencent and VIPS in 4Q17.
- Annual subscription
Examples of RedTech surveys:
- eCommerce Merchant Survey (2x yearly): 50-55 merchants across apparel, cosmetics, 3C, home appliances, and groceries. Companies: Alibaba, JD, VIPS, PDD
- China Digital Advertising Outlook (2x yearly): 35 advertisers with a focus on what is driving advertising budgets and allocation. Companies: Tencent, Baidu, Weibo, Toutiao
- Travel Consumer Survey (2x yearly): 2,000 Chinese travellers. Where do they go? How much do they spend? And with whom do they book their trips? Companies: Ctrip, Meituan, Fliggy (BABA), Qunar, Tuniu, Lvmama, Skyscanner, eLong, Tripadvisor, Agoda
- China Mobile Payments (2x yearly): Companies: Alipay, WeChat Pay
Why we are different: Proprietary data is at the core of our product. But we have been at this long enough to know that technology driven data mining is not a silver bullet. So, to complement our data, we spent years building up traditional networks of professionals in key subsectors. Regular interviews and surveys of these professionals forms the core of our fundamental research product, which helps crosscheck our data and stress test our assumptions.
The result is high-conviction, evidence-based insights about key industry drivers and, importantly, a research system designed to capture inflections as consumer habits change and as industry professionals adjust to stay ahead of competitors. We believe this is a key differentiation with the sell-side practice of offering opinion based on a few conversations with company insiders or CFOs and IR.
For more information, contact us at [email protected]